Shadows of the Apocalypse Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shadows of the Apocalypse Forums

Shadows of the Apocalypse, A great community for world of warcraft players.

Chinas Ministry of Railways announced on Friday

realmadridstar

Chinas Ministry of Railways announced on Friday  Empty Chinas Ministry of Railways announced on Friday

Post  realmadridstar Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 pm

BEIJING -- Chinas Ministry of Railways announced on Friday that its total investment this year will reach 745. Cam Newton Jersey .5 billion yuan (about US$115 billion), with 600 billion yuan going toward infrastructure construction, according to ministry spokesperson Wang Yongping. The official statement follows media reports saying the ministry could scale back investments by as much as 200 billion yuan this year as the rapid expansion of the countrys high-speed rails leads to debt concerns. Wang said the arrangement was a proper one because it reflects the continuity of railway construction, and meets the capital demands of projects under construction. He said that during the countrys 12th Five-Year Plan Period (2011-2015), the ministry will proceed with railway construction in accordance with the countrys economic and social development and the publics satisfaction, adding that investments during the period will hit 2.8 trillion yuan. Wang said Chinas high-speed rail tracks will expand to 45,000 km by 2015. Railways in the countrys western regions will be extended to 50,000 km. St. Louis Rams Nike Jersey . 1 Russian Marat Safin went by the way of first-round upsets Monday at the $3.5 million Italian Masters, a clay-court French Open tune-up. Andrew McCutchen Jersey . Full Coverage: Summit in CopenhagenRelated readings: China raps sidertracking at Copenhagen summit China sees growing share in clean energy China calls on rich nations to deliver on climate pledges China warns rich nations against shirking responsiblity Chinas Sun King dreams of a green future We can consider having language such as the increase in average global temperature ought not to exceed 2 degree Celsius as a long term goal for us to achieve, the premier was quoted as saying by Vice Foreign Minister He Yafei at a press briefing. Kent Tekulve Jersey . -- Police say boxer Paul Williams was driving his modified sport motorcycle too fast for conditions when he crashed into an embankment. Victor Cruz Jersey . Hes toning it down, at least for now. The Pacers are in a new role as post-seasonfavourites in Vogels first full season as head coach. Carolina Panthers Jersey . When Washington got off to a slow start, they booed more heartily. However, they were cheering by the end of the night as the Wizards got just their second win of the season, beating Oklahoma City 105-102 Wednesday night and ending the Thunders seven-game winning streak.Ryder Hesjedal starts the Giro dItalia with high hopes Saturday and with Team Garmin-Barracudas considerable resources behind him. The 31-year-old from Victoria is Garmins chosen candidate for the prestigious general classification competition. Simply put, his fellow Garmin riders will be working to put him atop the podium when the race ends May 27. Hesjedal believes the gruelling Giro is well suited to his talents -- and durability. "The third week is definitely where theres the most to gain and lose, especially in the overall classifications," he told The Canadian Press from Denmark, where the race starts with an individual time trial. "This race is definitely packed well in the last week, especially after the first half. Im hoping my characteristics will come through and Ill be at my strongest in the last week." The 3,503.9-kilometre race ends with a team time trial in Milan. Hesjedal is part of a global field that features 198 riders from 22 different countries, according to organizers. There is other Canadian content in the storied race. The new Australian Greenedge team features Christian Meier of Sussex, N.B., and Svein Tuft of White Rock, B.C. And Dominique Rollin of Boucherville, Que., is part of the French FDJ-Big Mat team. Torontos Michael Barry is recovering from elbow surgery and expects to return to action for Team Sky at the Tour of Norway in mid-May. The Giro is the first of the three elite Grand Tour stage cycling races on the calendar followed by the Tour de France and Vuelta a Espana. This is the third Giro for Hesjedal, who has risen up the ranks in recent years due to his gritty performances in the Tour de France. "In a lot of ways it can be harder than the Tour," said Hesjedal. "Its earlier in the year. The weather can be worse. "The historys just as rich. All the great champions have won the Tour and the Giro, and use the Giro as an important part of their season. I think Italians would say the Giros bigger and better than the Tour, but for me its a hard race ... Its just as hard (as the Tour), thats for sure." His breakthrough year was 2010 when he finished seventh at the Tour de France, taking over Garmins lead role after injuries derailed some of his teammates chances. Last year, his Tour charge was slowed by a painful crash on Stage 7. Hesjedal paced the peleton for long stretches as he secured position for other members of the then Garmin-Cervelo team, which finished first in the team standinggs. Tony Gonzalez Elite Jersey. The Canadian finished 18th overall. Hesjedal, a former mountain biker, made his Giro debut in 2005. It marked his first Grand Tour in his first year of only racing on the road. "It was all big and new and I had done a very hard spring leading up to that," he recalled. "Unfortunately I crashed pretty badly on the fifth stage -- still pretty early. So I had a pretty tough go at it. All I remember is suffering every day and I only made it until the end of the second week." Italys Paolo Savoldelli, a teammate on his Discovery Channel team, went on to win the race. In 2008, it was the first race for his current team with American Christian Vande Velde emerging with the pink jersey after they won the opening individual time trial. "It was a very hard Giro to finish," Hesjedal said of 2008. "I got through it and that set me up to do my first Tour de France later that summer. So the Giros been pretty instrumental in points of my career." Hesjedals Garmin team has its sights set on other prizes at this years race. American Tyler Farrar, for example, will be challenging for the sprint title. The Canadian prepared for the Giro at the Tour de Romandie, pulling out on the second-to-last stage to get an extra recovery day in advance of this race. Hesjedal is not thinking of the Tour de France, saying the Giro "is the big objective right now." "If the Giro goes good, that is just perfect for the Tour," he said. "With Christian Vande Velde definitely focusing on the Tour, so if anything Ill be going to the Tour to support him like hes going to support me here. "And you never know how the race unfolds. I mean I never went to the 2010 Tour looking to ride the classification either. You just dont know, but Ill be there. If its not supporting someone else, Ill have my opportunities to go hunting for some stages and that sort of thing. "Whatever the goals of the team are, thats all we focus on." Its a big summer for the Canadian, who hopes to go straight from the Tour de France to the Olympic road race in London. The Canadian Cycling Association will announce its team later this summer, with Hesjedal the leading candidate to fill Canadas one spot in the road race. "I want to go, I want to represent Canada. I know I can be in a good place after the Tour of the season goes as its supposed to." Hesjedal raced in both the road race and time trial at the 2008 Beijing Games. ' ' '

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am