Shadows of the Apocalypse Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shadows of the Apocalypse Forums

Shadows of the Apocalypse, A great community for world of warcraft players.

2 posters

In-game GM application. - [Denied]

Matthewvp

In-game GM application. - [Denied] Empty In-game GM application. - [Denied]

Post  Matthewvp Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:37 am

Name :

Matthew van Potten

17 years old, 4 august 1992.

Male

The Netherlands

Timezone :

GMT +1

Your Windows Live Messenger ID :

Matthew_vp@live.com

How long have you played World of Warcraft? How long have you played World of Warcraft Private Servers?

I am not sure of the exact date, I've bought the game since it came out, so that should be around 5 years right now. Been through alot in the game, done PvE and PvP so I know everything from both sides. If you need someone with much expience and alot of knowledge, i'm your man.

Started out with Private Servers about 3/4 years ago.

How would you rate your overall knowledge of the World of Warcraft game? On a 1 through 10 scale,

Would be stupid if I said 10.. No matter how long your playing this game.. theres so much to learn and even with my 5 years experience I am still learning things. I would give myself an 8. Like I said before, i've been through alot, tried out everything.. been playing on Real Servers, Private Servers and i've even been playing on Public Test Servers to help Blizzard.

Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience?

I've been playing on some Private Servers a long time ago, to be totally honest I cant really remember anything at all, much has changed and i'd have to learn things about that again. Learning things is not a real problem for me, i'm a fast learner, I know how it works.. and I will improve myself at all cost.

Are your currently in any type of schooling?

I'm not following an education at the moment, which means I got enough time to be on the server. I will do everything I can to make this server better and better.. and I will do my best to give the players a great feeling while playing.

Do you have trouble typing fluent and correct English while typing at anytime? This includes grammar and spelling.

I am not having any problems writing in English. I'm from The Netherlands so I dont expect my English to be perfect, but I am sure everyone can understand the things I type.

Are you able to make your own schedule?

Yes, I can make my own schedule. I'll be online as much as possible.

Are you an independent person, capable of making good decisions? Explain.

Great question.. and yes, I love doing things on my own. I'm not scared to take care of things, solve problems. I am always trying to help people.. even when I am not sure how I am supposed to help them, which means I am learning more and more about the job.

Why would you like to join the staff?

Someone told me about this server. I've always been enjoying Private Servers and this server seems like a great server to me. Its a new server, and new servers needs help, so I am here to help the server, enjoy the server.. and I would love to see the server to grow bigger.

How or where did you find out about our server? When did you join our community?

A friend of me told me about this server today, after he told me some things i've been checking out the website and I saw you guys had a Beta Stage Period.. which means you guys are new, need some more people (including new staff), and a bigger community.

Any Programing and/or developing skills you have? If so please list examples...

Not at the moment, i'll learn as much as possible if Programming/Developing is part of being a Game Master.

In conclusion, please tell us whatever you would like about yourself.

I've probably already said some things before, but i'll mention some points out again.

-A friendly, social and nice player.
    -Available for many hours.
    -Learning fast.
    -5 years experience.
    -Experience on Horde and Alliance.
    -Experience with PvE and PvP.
    zift
    zift
    Admin

In-game GM application. - [Denied] Empty Re: In-game GM application. - [Denied]

Post  zift Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 am

Matthewvp, Thank you for your interest in applying for WoW Serenity as an in-game Game Master.

I must say, i adore your application!
    You are very honest in it, although you say you don't remember what you have learned as a Game Master, learning it is very easy for everyone, to get the hang of it is easier.

We need people like you in our staff,
    Honest, Mature, Polite and Respectful Game Masters are the most recommended on our team.

You have allot of experience in World of Warcraft, like you say in your application, which increases your chances a bit.

Please take your time to review these extra rules of being a Game Master on WoW Serenity:

Game Masters must be ready to:

1. Help other players
    2. Read tickets
    3. Be kind and polite to other players
    4. Respect other players (including Staff team)
    5. Take orders from higher ranked staff members
    6. be on watch for hackers and trouble makers

An Game Master can not:

1. Abuse his powers
    2. Ban other players
    3. Kick players without a reason
    4. Snoop around on duty
    5. Give items/gold/spells/skills/levels to other players
    6. Treat a player unpleasantly

As you can see we do not tolerate if you ban other players (Although!)
    We want you to ban hackers for 1 day and report them to the forums,
    if your ban was false and without a prove, your powers will be taken away from you and you will be banned from WoW Serenity permanently.

Hope this helped you, and made you think of the consequences that will cause to you if you do not follow these rules.

Stay in touch, be active on the server and you might as well be on your way to the team. Smile
    Once again, best application i have seen on here so far and we will contact you when we have decided if you will be a part of the team or not. Very Happy

Best regards,
    -zift
    zift
    zift
    Admin

Post  zift Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:48 am

Welcome on the team sir Matthew. Smile
    zift
    zift
    Admin

Post  zift Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:45 am

Denied.

Matthew apparently quit due to personal life.
    We understand him completely and wish him luck with his own life! Smile

(Thread Closed)

Regards,
    -zift

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 pm