Shadows of the Apocalypse Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shadows of the Apocalypse Forums

Shadows of the Apocalypse, A great community for world of warcraft players.

2 posters

Evenios's GM Application

Evenios

Evenios's GM Application Empty Evenios's GM Application

Post  Evenios Sun May 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Even though i just joined since the last person was accepted after being just one day old i thought id give this a shot:

Name : Kenneth (Evenios)

Timezone : GMT -5

GM or Developer app: GM

How long you can be ingame in your timezone: 4 to 5 hours a day. I have a disability in real life so i am online a lot and do not work or in college so i have plenty of time to devote to helping out with the server.

Your Windows Live Messenger ID : MrGeddings@hotmail.com

How long have you played World of Warcraft? How long have you played World of Warcraft Private Servers?: I started WoW just a few months after the orginal game came out. I started on Private servers (actually created my own private offline server) around the same time mainly because the place i was living had only dial up at the time (I have DSL now) and another guy was online all the time so i learned to set up a private server so that i could play wow offline without tying up the internet "smiles". Since then i have played on several different private servers (and the main blizzard servers as well i have a level 80 warlock on blizzards servers)

On a 1 through 10 scale, how would you rate your overall knowledge of the World of Warcraft game?: id say about an 8. What i do not know i can find out through sites like wow wiki or through searching online. I have all the official atlas books, the wow monster companion book (that lists all the creatures up to BC) all three dungeon companion books and the BC and WOTLK official guides as well. Plus the first two issues of the official world of warcraft magazine.

Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience?: I have been GM on Undamed and Muppets on Speed previously but left because Undamed had admins who did not speak english well and the people who hired me in Muppets on Speed has since left. I know how to use GM addon interface tools , how to check tickets , and how to use most GM commands (or look them up).

Are your currently in any type of schooling?: No. But i am a high school graduate and have some college experience.

Do you have trouble typing fluent and correct English while typing at anytime? This includes grammar and spelling: I only speak/type English and feel i type as good as most people.

Are you able to make your own schedule?: Yes i can be very flexiable with times. I can be on at certain times when needed or i can just set my own times as well.

Are you an independent person, capable of making good decisions? Explain: Yes. I am a mature person who knows how to help out other players how to check for players who are abusing things, how to notify staff/admins when problems come up. and how to find out awnsers for myself and work on my own.

Why would you like to join the staff?: I noticed a, lack of thorough applications in some of the previous applications and seeing one or two even were underage. I am 28 very mature, know how to handle GM commands know what needs to be done and will not abuse my powers to focus on the good of the server and helping out other players vs "just something cool to do".

what do you have to offer that no one else can?: So far i believe i am one of the oldest (age wise) applicants and therefor can bring a level of maturity to the staff and level headiness to help when issues arrive.

How or where did you find out about our server? When did you join our community?: I saw your recruitment post on MMO-owned forums today.

Any Programing and/or developing skills you have? If so please list examples... No programming but i have had some experence with editing database files and adding things to game databases like items and or spawning npcs . and such. (like placing venders or world teleporters around and such)

In conclusion, please tell us whatever you would like about yourself:

I mainly am applying because i feel one of the last persons you applied to be GM had a severaly weak application and i feel what is needed is someone who is mature enough and with enough experence to help aid to the staff. I believe i am that person and can not only help in game with players who need it but also can help bring an extra level to the staff of maturity and suggestions of what needs to be done.

The biggest problem i see with most servers that start up is that staff tends to hire the first people who say "make me GM!" instead of really sitting back and chosing only those who have filled out the best applications. This ends up causing problems in the long run because instead of the GMs you hired to help you actually helping out..they focus on more of "looking cool". (i am speaking in general not of anyone on this staff...just from my own experiences).

I know i just joined today but i figured if the last guy who in my opinion had a very severely lacking application can join then surely i have a chance as well.

Please consider me for your team i will not let you down!

- Evenios.

I am not on any other GM staff at the moment nor do i plan to be if i get hired in this server. I will only kick players with good reason who cause problems but i will not ban anyone without talking to the admins first nor will i abuse my powers if accepted.

I look forward from hearing from you. i sent an email to one of the admins if you could reply back would be great too. or just im me on my windows live name

Please note i do have a speach impediment in real life so i do not use a mic. however i can type just fine.

thank you.
    Crøw
    Crøw
    Admin

Evenios's GM Application Empty Re: Evenios's GM Application

Post  Crøw Sun May 16, 2010 2:59 pm

One of the few times I accept GM apps this quickly but this app will help bring a great measure of intellect to the community it seems. So why not.

ACCEPTED.
    Evenios

Post  Evenios Sun May 16, 2010 3:21 pm

aww thanks! I is a happy panda :-)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:11 am